1 pack (420-500 g) KOMEYA Sotanghon
2 cups Black bean paste (chunjang, but it might also say jajang on the package)
2 tbsp Garlic, minced
2 tbsp Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Sugar
6 cups Water
4 medium Potatoes, peeled and diced
3 pcs Carrots, peeled and diced
1 medium Zucchini, diced
2 medium Onions, diced
2 cups Pork loin, diced
4 tbsp Cornstarch
1/2 cup Cold water
- In a large oiled skillet or wok, saute pork and potatoes for 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion and zucchini and continue to saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add bean paste, sesame oil, sugar, and garlic to the pan, stirring to combine.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 6 cups of water and the carrots and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer.
- Mix cornstarch with 1/2 cup cold water and pour into sauce to thicken.
- Cook for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Place a large helping of noodles in a big soup bowl. Ladle the jajang sauce over the noodles
- Serve with sliced raw onions and white vinegar on the side (to splash onto the noodles).